What is Teletherapy?
Teletherapy is an evidence-based service delivery option for students to receive Special Education services such as Speech-Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Behavioral and Mental Health services and other healthcare services through an online platform. Health care professionals can provide the same services digitally as they do physically which makes teletherapy an attractive alternative to in-person therapy. Teletherapy also gives students the flexibility to access high quality healthcare no matter where they are located!
Why RCM Health Care Services?
Since 1975, RCM Health Care Services has specialized in providing outstanding therapy, special education, behavioral health, and nursing services to many of the nation’s top 100 school districts. Through years of experience of focusing on an educationally based approach, RCM understands exactly what schools and providers need to meet student IEP goals.
- We provide consultations at no charge to your school district to identify the needs of your students and staff, improve the ability to deliver services and reduce cost to your school district. We will customize the program to meet the needs of the students.
- RCM Health Care Services is an affordable service delivery option for your school district. Our services are cost effective. Our cost is competitive among other teletherapy companies as well.
- Teletherapy is endorsed by many National Organizations, such as, The US Department of Health and Resources, American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA), American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), and American Psychology Association (APA), to name a few.
- Our providers are licensed in the state they live in and the state they provide services in.
How Our Services Work
RCM Health Care Services uses TheraPlatform to deliver teletherapy services to clients. TheraPlatform is an integrated teletherapy and practice management software that enables therapists to provide high quality sessions to students. It includes:
- HIPPA compliant video conferencing
- Therapy log documentation
- Easy scheduling for your students
- Therapy material bank for student learning
- Annotation feature
- Therapy games
- Access to video library for student learning
Teletherapy: School OT, SLP, and PT
RCM’s Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Behavioral and Mental Health Specialists, Reading Specialists, Board Certified Behavior Analyst and Special Education Teachers provide the same services online as they do in person. They provide Direct and Indirect Therapy, Evaluate Students, consult with parents and staff, Develop IEP’s, Write Comprehensive Evaluation Reports, and Communicate with parents and staff. conduct assessments, provide consultations, write evaluations, and constantly communicate student progress to parents and school staff. Our providers collect data and focus on measurable outcomes to ensure students are meeting their IEP goals and fully maximizing their sessions. RCM’s highly qualified supervisors oversee all our clinicians to ensure students are receiving the highest quality of services.
Benefits of Teletherapy:
- Close the Specialist gap: Because RCM has access to nation-wide highly-qualified providers, your school district can rest assure we will match the right provider to your students to ensure the students are successful
- Cost-effective: Teletherapy is cost effective, no hidden fees and on budget. Teletherapy also eliminates travel feels.
- Flexibility: School Districts and parents can easily schedule appointments to accommodate their daily schedules
- Improve Outcomes: Teletherapy has been proven to be just as effective as in-person therapy
- Helps to manage and reduce caseloads: Teletherapy can help to reduce the caseloads of “brick and mortar” providers and improve the delivery of services, data collection and progress monitoring of students
- Access to high-quality Providers: School districts will no longer have to recruit, hire and train employees. RCM does all the recruitment, hiring and training of staff
- Removes location as a barrier: No matter the students’ location, teletherapy can ensure that students receive their necessary services to be successful
- Improves staff morale
- Convenient IEP and Evaluation Conferences: Parents and staff can join IEP and Evaluation conferences with ease
- HIPAA-COPPA-FERPA Compliant: Our state-of-the-art platform is HIPAA-COPPA and FERPA compliant
Teletherapy: Behavior Health- Paras, ABAs, RBTs, Mental Health Counseling
Behavior Health Professionals can determine signs of social-emotional distress and anxiety in students. Their presence in an online learning environment can help reduce stress and lessen the likelihood of emotional and behavioral outbursts in the school environment.
RCM’s Paraprofessionals, ABAs, RBTs, and Mental Health Counselors provide care through online sessions with individuals and/or groups. They support students by helping them practice behavioral coping skills to better navigate challenging academic situations. Our providers also encourage students to continue working on socially appropriate communication skills such as asking questions and requesting help when needed during these sessions. RCM’s Teletherapy services are available for all students, not just limited to those with IEPs.
Additional Benefits of Teletherapy:
- Highly Qualified Professionals: Students have access to high-qualified, professional and skilled School Psychologists, Licensed Professional Counselors and Social Workers in order to meet students’ specific needs
- Accessibility/Availability: Treatment “Individual and Group Counseling” is available for students to receive services to improve their mental health, behavior and social skills is available and easily accessible for all students who wish to further enhance their social emotional skill set
- Convenience: Teletherapy gives students the ability to receive services from the comfort of their own homes
- Ease Stigma: Teletherapy eases anxiety around receiving treatment and promotes acceptance of treatment
- Evaluations: Teletherapy provides students access to PsychoEducational and Academic evaluations to develop a Plan of Care to meet their specific needs
- Family and school district support